We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Development or Relationship Manager from a Business or Commercial Banking or SME lending background for a new Debt Fund that is being created to cover the counties of Devon, Cornwall, Dorset & Somerset. We welcome applications from someone based in this area who ideally has professional networks in those counties.
The new Fund is designed to finance growth. The business lending is “market gap” which would not be provided by a Bank or other non-Bank lenders (e.g. fits outside of their risk appetite / policies) - looking at business plans and spend required to help the business grow (e.g. they are expanding organically and / or won a new contract). It is genuine unsecured cashflow lending for growth. Our aim is to also increase the probability of success of those businesses, with our “more than money” support with the focus on strong relationship management.
You will be responsible for origination, appraisal, and execution of loans to growing and innovative SME’s, up to £2m.
You will be expected to:
- be a self-driven, active member of the investment team with a genuine passion for working with SMEs to achieve their growth ambitions
- build a pipeline of suitable lending opportunities, develop relationships with introducers, and market the product to appropriate audiences
- carry out evaluation and due diligence on suitable proposals in line with the Fund’s lending policy and operational guidelines
- Present proposals to an independent credit committee for approval
- manage completion matters post approval including completion of facility documentation
- work alongside company solicitors to ensure all security requirements are met
- pro-actively manage client portfolio, work with those businesses to achieve growth, monitoring performance and identifying early potential default situations
- contribute to stakeholder reporting
Desired skills & experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- prior experience in lending to SMEs and client relationship management with a strong ability to assess and structure loan propositions on a projection led basis.
- a professional network in the areas defined (advantageous)
- ability to multi-task and prioritise deadlines to meet customer expectations.
- good presentation skills & ability to communicate and interact at all levels of management.
- a high level of IT proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Office 365 products.
- a diligent working style and experience using CRM systems to manage & track proposal activities.
The role is primarily home based with team meet ups in the Exeter area. Access to a good quality/speed home internet is a must.
What we offer:
- A competitive base salary commensurate with your experience.
- 25 days annual leave plus usual Bank holidays in England & Wales. You will also get your birthday off.
- Ability for you to use 1 day for Corporate Social Responsibility purposes annually.
- 5% employer contribution to pension scheme, subject to minimum 3% contribution from employee.
- Death in Service benefit equivalent to 4x salary.
- Income protection and health cash plan scheme paid for, with 50% funded private medical scheme.
About The FSE Group:
For 20 years our primary goal has been to provide tailored funding solutions and support for ambitious and innovative small and medium enterprises (SMEs), to help them achieve their maximum potential. With over £300m of debt and equity funds under management, the Group is continuing to grow and prides itself on taking an integrated approach to the funding needs of our clients.
With a passion for, and successful history in, managing and deploying market gap funds with an economic impact purpose, we focus on more than pure commercial return to support the growth of SMEs. We promote diversity. We support underrepresented geographies. We are insightful in determining how we can improve an evolving funding landscape and we stimulate sustainability by successfully recycling smaller funds. We are more than money.
The core values we live by as FSE employees are Collaboration, Innovation, Inclusivity, Sustainability and Delivery.
With one of our core values being inclusivity, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer and treat all applications fairly and welcome job applicants from all communities and affinity groups.
All applicants must live and have the right to work in the UK.
Job Type: Full-time, however we would consider 4 days a week on pro rata salary.
To apply, please email your CV and Covering Letter to: HR@thefsegroup.com
If you would like an informal chat about the role, please call Tim Williams on 07534 379396.