With the recent launch of the Investment Fund for Scotland (IFS) we are looking to recruit an Investment Manager based across the North of Scotland (to cover: Aberdeen, Inverness and the Highlands)
This would be ideal for an experienced Business Development or Relationship Manager from a Business or Commercial Banking or SME lending background (including SME lending brokers) who is looking for a new and exciting opportunity to work with high-growth SMEs. The lending is “market gap” lending which would not be provided by a Bank - looking at business plans and spend required to help the business grow (e.g. they are expanding organically and / or won a new contract).
Our aim is to also increase the probability of success of those businesses, with our “more than money” support with the focus on strong relationship management.
- Originate a consistent pipeline of suitable lending opportunities, developing relationships with introducers, and marketing the product (business loans from £100k - £2million) to appropriate audiences
- Carry out evaluation and due diligence on suitable proposals in line with the Fund’s Lending Policy and Operational Guidelines.
- Present a credit proposal report to an independent credit committee for approval.
- Manage completion matters post approval including completion of facility documentation
- Pro-actively manage a small client portfolio, monitoring performance and identifying early potential default situations.
- Contribute to periodic fund reporting requirements and preparation of marketing materials.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Significant prior experience in lending to SMEs where the primary repayment source is future cash flow based on planned expansion.
- Strong ability to assess and structure loan propositions based on future business plans / cashflows.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise deadlines to meet customer expectations.
- Good presentation skills & ability to communicate and interact at all levels of management.
- A high level of IT proficiency, particularly on Microsoft Office 365 products
- A diligent working style and experience using CRM systems to manage & track proposal activities.
- A professional network in the area(s) defined (advantageous)
What we offer:
- A competitive base salary commensurate with your experience.
- 25 days annual leave plus usual Bank holidays in England & Wales. You will also get your birthday off.
- Ability for you to use 1 day for Corporate Social Responsibility purposes annually.
- 5% employer contribution to pension scheme, subject to minimum 3% contribution from employee.
- Death in Service benefit equivalent to 4x salary
- 50% funded private medical scheme, income protection and health cash plan scheme.
The role is primarily home based however you should have own transport to travel to customers/introducers and there may be some physical team meet ups. Access to a good quality/speed home internet is a must.
About The FSE Group:
For 20 years our primary goal has been to provide tailored funding solutions and support for ambitious and innovative small and medium enterprises (SMEs), to help them achieve their maximum potential. With over £325m of debt and equity funds under management, the Group is continuing to grow and prides itself on taking an integrated approach to the funding needs of our clients.
With a passion for, and successful history in, managing and deploying market gap funds with an economic impact purpose, we focus on more than pure commercial return to support the growth of SMEs. We promote diversity. We support underrepresented geographies. We are insightful in determining how we can improve an evolving funding landscape and we stimulate sustainability by successfully recycling smaller funds. We are more than money.
The core values we live by as FSE employees are Collaboration, Innovation, Inclusivity, Sustainability and Delivery.
With one of our core values being inclusivity, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer and treat all applications fairly and welcome job applicants from all communities and affinity groups.
Job Types: Full-time, (but open to requests for part time of 4 days per week minimum).
Applicants must have unrestricted access to work in the UK.
If you would like an informal chat about the role please call Norrie Cook on 07586 691969.
To express interest in this role, please submit your CV to: HR@thefsegroup.com