We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Development or Relationship Manager from a Business or Commercial Banking or SME lending background to join our team.
You will be responsible for origination, appraisal, and execution of loans to growing and innovative SME’s, up to £300k.
The fund is evergreen and was set up to finance high growth, early-stage businesses and since its inception we have supported over 90 exciting and dynamic SMEs across Berkshire, you can find our current portfolio here
You will be expected to:
- Be a self-driven, active member of the investment team with a genuine passion for working with SMEs to achieve their growth ambitions.
- Build a pipeline of suitable lending opportunities, developing relationships with introducers, and marketing the product to appropriate audiences.
- Carry out evaluation and due diligence on suitable proposals in line with the Fund’s Lending Policy and Operational Guidelines.
- Present proposals to the credit committee.
- Manage completion matters post approval including completion of facility documentation.
- Work alongside company solicitors to ensure all security requirements are met.
- Pro-actively manage client portfolio, work with those businesses to achieve growth, monitoring performance and identifying early potential default situations.
- Contribute to stakeholder reporting.
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- prior experience in lending to SMEs and client relationship management which includes
- a strong ability to assess and structure loan propositions on a projection led basis.
- ability to multi-task and prioritise deadlines to meet customer expectations.
- good presentation skills & ability to communicate and interact at all levels of management.
- a high level of IT proficiency, particularly on Microsoft Office 365 products.
- a diligent working style and experience using CRM systems to manage & track proposal activities.
- must be within a commutable distance of Berkshire
What we offer:
- Flexible hybrid working between home and our offices in Blackwater.
- A competitive base salary commensurate with your experience up to £60,000pa
- 25 days annual leave plus usual Bank holidays in England & Wales. You will also get your birthday off.
- Ability for you to use 1 day for Corporate Social Responsibility purposes annually.
- 5% contribution to employer pension scheme, subject to minimum 3% contribution from employee.
- Ability to join the private medical scheme (50% employer contribution to premium)
- Death in Service benefit equivalent to 4x salary.
About The FSE Group:
For nearly 20 years our primary goal is to provide tailored funding solutions and support for ambitious and innovative small and medium enterprises (SMEs), to help them achieve their maximum potential. With over £225m of debt and equity funds under management, the Group is continuing to grow and prides itself on taking an integrated approach to the funding needs of our clients.
With a passion for, and successful history in, managing and deploying market gap funds with an economic impact purpose, we focus on more than pure commercial return to support the growth of SMEs. We promote diversity. We support underrepresented geographies. We are insightful in determining how we can improve an evolving funding landscape and we stimulate sustainability by successfully recycling smaller funds. We are more than money.
The core values we live by as FSE employees are Collaboration, Innovation, Inclusivity, Sustainability and Delivery.
With one of our core values being inclusivity, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer and treat all applications fairly and welcome job applicants from all communities and affinity groups.
All applicants must live and have the right to work in the UK.
For more information about us see www.thefsegroup.com
Job Type: Full-time, but open to requests for part time of 4 days per week minimum.
Start date: Summer 2022
If you would like an informal chat about the role please call Cheryl Weeks, Head of Funds on 07866 835143.
Strictly no agencies