With new funds being launched in Wales this year, we are inviting expressions of interest to join our team. This would be ideal for an experienced Business Development or Relationship Manager from a Business or Commercial Banking or SME lending background (including SME lending brokers) who is looking for a new and exciting opportunity to work with high-growth SMEs. The lending is “market gap” lending which would not be provided by a Bank - looking at business plans and spend required to help the business grow (eg they are expanding organically and / or won a new contract).
We are looking for Investment Managers based across the following areas:
- South Wales Central & East
- South Wales West
- North Wales & Mid and West Wales
- Originate a consistent pipeline of suitable lending opportunities, developing relationships with introducers, and marketing the product (business loans from £100k - £2million) to appropriate audiences
- Carry out evaluation and due diligence on suitable proposals in line with the Fund’s Lending Policy and Operational Guidelines.
- Write a lending credit report to the Risk approval function.
- Manage completion matters post approval including completion of facility documentation and working alongside company solicitors to ensure all security requirements are met
- Pro-actively manage a small client portfolio, monitoring performance and identifying early potential default situations.
- Contribute to periodic fund reporting requirements and preparation of marketing materials.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Significant prior experience in lending to SMEs where the primary repayment source is future cash flow based on planned expansion
- Strong ability to assess and structure loan propositions based on future business plans / cashflows.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise deadlines to meet customer expectations.
- Good presentation skills & ability to communicate and interact at all levels of management.
- A high level of IT proficiency, particularly on Microsoft Office 365 products
- A diligent working style and experience using CRM systems to manage & track proposal activities.
What we offer:
- Flexible working – we like to get the current balance in home / work re-connection and understanding your personal commitments / interests.
- A competitive base salary commensurate with your experience.
- 25 days annual leave plus usual Bank holidays. You also get your birthday off and one day for a volunteering purpose.
- 5% contribution to employer pension scheme, subject to minimum 3% contribution from employee
- Option to join the private medical scheme (50% employer contribution to premium)
- Death in Service benefit equivalent to 4x salary.
About The FSE Group:
Our primary goal is to provide tailored funding solutions and support for ambitious and innovative small and medium enterprises (SMEs), to help them achieve their maximum potential. With over £225m of debt and equity funds under management, the Group is continuing to grow and prides itself on taking a holistic approach to the funding needs of our clients. For more information see www.thefsegroup.com
At the FSE Group we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference – to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work on a hybrid basis, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at the FSE Group:
The FSE Group is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion amongst our teams. This is central to our values of collaboration, Inclusivity, Innovation, Sustainability and Delivery.
The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
Job Types: Full-time, (but open to requests for part time of 4 days per week minimum).
Applicants must have unrestricted access to work in the UK.
To express interest in this role, please email your CV to: HR@thefsegroup.com