Business Development Managers – South East & East
This would be ideal for an experienced Business Development Manager from a Business or Commercial Banking or SME lending background (including SME lending brokers) who is looking for a new and exciting opportunity to work with high-growth SMEs. The finance FSE offers is “market gap” lending/investment which would not be provided by a Bank - looking at business plans and spend required to help the business grow. Our aim is to also increase the probability of success of those businesses, with our “more than money” support with the focus on strong relationship management.
- Primary responsibility for origination of debt and equity investment opportunities for the South East and East of England Funds, including creation, management and development of prospective debt and equity deal pipeline
- Marketing & promotion of the South East and East of England Fund and more widely in terms of potential partner organisations. To include presentation to funders/roadshows/funding clinics/social media activity.
- Initial response to inbound enquiries, including preliminary eligibility review and referral through to debt or equity fund managers as appropriate.
- Proactive research of potential businesses suitable for support.
- Support origination, appraisal and execution of equity and debt funding proposals.
- Provision of support to the Head of Fund including reporting to stakeholders.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in originating, marketing, promotion & relationship building activity within funding or business support environment and associated SME & partner engagement activity.
- Evidence of strong professional network of introducers
- Excellent presentation skills, especially with ability to market the funds to online prospects/introducers & ability to communicate and interact at all levels of management.
- A high level of IT proficiency, particularly Microsoft Office 365 products
What we offer:
- A competitive base salary commensurate with your experience.
- 25 days annual leave plus usual Bank holidays in England & Wales. You will also get your birthday off.
- Ability for you to use 1 day for Corporate Social Responsibility purposes annually.
- 5% employer contribution to pension scheme, subject to minimum 3% contribution from employee.
- Death in Service benefit equivalent to 4x salary
- 50% funded private medical scheme, income protection and health cash plan scheme.
The role is primarily home based however you should have own transport to travel to customers/introducers and there will be a weekly team meet up in our office in Fleet, Hampshire. Access to a good quality/speed home internet is a must.
About The FSE Group:
For 20 years our primary goal has been to provide tailored funding solutions and support for ambitious and innovative small and medium enterprises (SMEs), to help them achieve their maximum potential. With over £325m of debt and equity funds under management, the Group is continuing to grow and prides itself on taking an integrated approach to the funding needs of our clients.
With a passion for, and successful history in, managing and deploying market gap funds with an economic impact purpose, we focus on more than pure commercial return to support the growth of SMEs. We promote diversity. We support underrepresented geographies. We are insightful in determining how we can improve an evolving funding landscape and we stimulate sustainability by successfully recycling smaller funds. We are more than money.
The core values we live by as FSE employees are Collaboration, Innovation, Inclusivity, Sustainability and Delivery.
With one of our core values being inclusivity, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer and treat all applications fairly and welcome job applicants from all communities and affinity groups.
Job Types: Full-time.
Applicants must have unrestricted access to work in the UK.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Cheryl Weeks 07866 835143 or email Cheryl.Weeks@thefsegroup.com
To express interest in this role, please submit your CV to: HR@thefsegroup.com