With new funds being launched in Wales this year, we are looking for expressions of interest to join our team. We are looking for business development managers based across the following areas:
- South Wales Central & East
- South Wales West
- North Wales & Mid and West Wales
- Primary responsibility for origination of debt and equity investment opportunities across Wales, including creation, management and development of prospective debt pipeline
- Marketing & promotion of the fund profile throughout Wales and more widely in terms of potential partner organisations.
- Initial response to inbound enquiries, including preliminary eligibility review and referral through to debt investment managers as appropriate.
- Proactive research of potential businesses suitable for support.
- Support origination, appraisal and execution of debt funding proposals.
- Provision of support to the Head of Fund including reporting to stakeholders.
Research & Generation
- Mapping of SME profiles across the region and identification/implementation of marketing & promotion strategies to maximise high quality pipeline of applicants.
- Management of deal pipeline development
Marketing & Promotion
Regular and repeat marketing & promotional activity for the fund, including :
- Presentation & meetings with funders, accountants & other potential introducers across the region
- Attendance/speaking at relevant fund roadshows and partner events.
- Attendance at relevant local or sector cluster networking events.
- Provision of funding clinics across the region, either standalone or with partners.
- Preparation (with support of Head Office marketing team) of marketing collateral to support fund promotion & market awareness.
- Social media activity, in conjunction with FSE central marketing.
First point of contact for majority of inbound enquiries including :
- 24-Hour response to online and telephone enquiries.
- First sift consultation / review “triage” of enquirer proposals including general information/guidance to SMEs on funding options and relative features etc.
- Signposting of SMEs to relevant support networks, where proposal is not investment ready or requires additional support prior to fund team engagement.
- High-level engagement with applicant companies to support route through to full application process
- Support origination of loan funding proposals generally to achieve fund objectives.
- Maintenance of activity and enquirer/applicant engagement records, to support internal management and stakeholder reporting
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience in originating, marketing, promotion & relationship building activity within funding or business support environment and associated SME & partner engagement activity.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Comfortable in presenting & discussing at director level with SMEs : empathy with SME sector.
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- IT proficiency (Word, PowerPoint)
What we offer:
- Flexible working – we like to get the current balance in home / work re-connection and understanding your personal commitments / interests.
- A competitive base salary commensurate with your experience.
- 25 days annual leave plus usual Bank holidays. You also get your birthday off and one day for a volunteering purpose.
- 5% contribution to employer pension scheme, subject to minimum 3% contribution from employee
- Option to join the private medical scheme (50% employer contribution to premium)
- Death in Service benefit equivalent to 4x salary.
About The FSE Group:
Our primary goal is to provide tailored funding solutions and support for ambitious and innovative small and medium enterprises (SMEs), to help them achieve their maximum potential. With over £225m of debt and equity funds under management, the Group is continuing to grow and prides itself on taking a holistic approach to the funding needs of our clients. For more information see www.thefsegroup.com
At the FSE Group we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference – to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work on a hybrid basis, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at the FSE Group:
The FSE Group is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion amongst our teams. This is central to our values of collaboration, Inclusivity, Innovation, Sustainability and Delivery.
The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
Job Types: Full-time, (but open to requests for part time of 4 days per week minimum).
Applicants must have unrestricted access to work in the UK.
To express interest in this role, please email your CV to: HR@thefsegroup.com