We are recruiting a Head of Fund for a substantial new fund that is scheduled to launch early next year.
Job Profile: Head of Midlands Fund (Debt)
Reports to: Head of Debt Funds and/or Chief Executive
Staff Responsibilities: Expected to be 4-5 staff initially
(mix of Senior Fund Managers + Fund Managers + Fund Executive)
Location: Office based in Midlands (specific location to be decided)
Status: 1.0 FTE
- Lead FSE delivery & performance on FSE funds based in the Midlands
- Fund to deliver loans between £100,000 and £1,500,000 in line with targets outlined in FSE tender submission.
- Lead preparation of fund reporting for stakeholders, in conjunction with FSE central resources
- Lead and manage FSE profile and presence across the Midlands region.
- Manage + undertake origination, appraisal and execution of loan funding proposals in the range of £100k to £1,500k, as demand requires. Fund to achieve lending objectives over a ca.4-year lending
- Relationship management of portfolio companies + pro-active portfolio risk/return management of loan assets and SME relationships throughout the life of the fund, to achieve financial and economic output objectives
- Lead FSE market presence in the region.
- Manage and support FSE Midlands team to deliver the tasks above and below.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of suitable lending opportunities by developing relationships with banks, accountants and other advisers and introducers, including partner organisations.
- Inform potential introducers and wider business community through presentations/attendance at suitable events.
- Lead + contribute to regular production of marketing collateral including case-studies and use of social media.
- Originate and carry out evaluation/detailed due diligence on suitable proposals in line with the Funds’ Lending Policy and Operational Guidelines, with particular scrutiny of Eligibility Rules and
- Present proposals to the Credit Committee.
- Manage completion matters post approval including coordination of facility & security documentation (and managing tranched drawdowns where appropriate).
- Pro-actively manage borrower relationships and early identification of default situations working with internal FSE and external advisers as necessary to maximise recoveries.
- Achieve agreed financial and non-financial targets aligned to development and delivery of the Fund.
- Support and engage in preparing and reporting periodically required performance information and prompt updating of the FSE CIVI CRM (or any equivalent) client, dealflow and marketing database.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Strong management and organisational skills
- Strong experience of non-asset backed lending and associated relationship management activity.
- Demonstrable ability to assess and structure complex loan propositions (including management of intercreditor and other negotiations), where primary repayment source is future cashflow generation.
- Comfortable in reporting to institutional stakeholders negotiating at director level with borrowers and operating a range of environments in order to build a broad relationship
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation
- IT proficiency (Word, PowerPoint Excel, preferably to include forecast modelling skills).
- FCA authorisation may be required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £65,000.00 to £80,000.00 /year
To apply email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly no agencies.
Applications close Friday 24th January