Job Profile: Business Loan Manager
Reports to: Head of Midlands Fund (Debt)
Staff Responsibilities: 0
Location: Spaces Lewis Building, 35 Bull Street, Birmingham, B4 6EQ
Status: 1.0 FTE (Full-time)
Salary: £50,000.00 to £60,000.00 /year
- Origination, appraisal and execution of loan funding proposals in the range of £100k to £1,500k for the FSE Midlands Loan Fund. Fund to achieve lending objectives over a ca.4-year lending
- Relationship management of portfolio companies.
- Pro-active portfolio risk/return management of loan assets and SME relationships throughout the life of the fund, to achieve financial and economic output objectives
- Promotion of the overall FSE and Fund profile and marketing to funders, intermediaries and SMEs across the Midlands region.
- Provision of support to the Head of Midlands Fund (Debt) including reporting to and possible deputisation of Head of Midlands Fund (Debt) in some meetings or functions.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of suitable acceptable lending opportunities by developing relationships with banks, accountants and other advisers and introducers, including partner organisations.
- Inform potential introducers and the wider business community through presentations and attendance at suitable events.
- Lead and contribute to the regular production of marketing collateral including case-studies and use of social media.
- Originate and carry out evaluation/detailed due diligence on suitable proposals in line with the Fund’s Lending Policy and Operational Guidelines.
- Present proposals to the Credit Committee.
- Manage completion matters post approval, including coordination of facility & security documentation (and managing tranched drawdowns where appropriate).
- Pro-actively manage borrower relationships and early identification of default situations working with internal FSE and external advisers as necessary to maximise recoveries.
- Manage and report on the performance of approved loans / borrowers including their contributions to non-financial economic output targets.
- Achieve agreed financial and non-financial targets aligned to development and delivery of the Funds.
- Support and engage in preparing and reporting periodically required performance information and prompt updating of the FSE CIVI CRM (or any equivalent) client, dealflow and marketing database.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Strong experience of non-asset backed lending (such as mezzanine loans, cashflow-based loans and/or early stage SME funding) and associated relationship management activity.
- Demonstrable ability to assess and structure complex loan propositions (including management of intercreditor and other negotiations) , where the primary repayment source is future cashflow generation based on a planned expansion of
- Comfortable in negotiating at director level with borrowers and operating a range of environments in order to build a broad relationship
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation
- IT proficiency (Word, PowerPoint Excel, preferably to include forecast modelling skills).
Established in 2002, The FSE Group primarily manages funds on behalf of public sector organisations. A period of rapid growth now sees our funds under management at nearing £200m. With a head office located in Camberley Surrey, and group offices located in London, Birmingham, East Midlands Airport, Ipswich & Truro.
To apply email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com