Location: Camberley, Surrey with some travel to FSE regional offices. Hybrid - working from home with office reconnection day minimum 1 day per week (currently on a Tuesday).
About the role
This is a newly created role where you will have primary responsibility for owning the processes for our SME loans and equity solutions including on-boarding, fulfilment and in-life management. You will own the change management processes relating to product and process improvements (including defining and using technology requirement changes) and ensure strong compliance is built and monitored. The IT Support Engineer role will report into you to co-ordinate IT development with 3rd party application suppliers.
You will be a member of the senior management team (reporting into the CEO), and therefore have the opportunity to contribute to wider strategic issues and you will work with the CEO on the Target Operating Model for the business. The outputs of this role are significant for 3 of our 5 corporate values: innovation, collaboration and delivery & your objectives will be reflective of this.
- Practically own the end-to-end processes (eg the operating procedures – which are already in place) for delivering our debt loan and equity products on behalf of our stakeholders. This being the on-boarding of prospects to customers, and then also in-life management activities / customer service.
- Work with the regional front-line teams together with head office control & support functions to ensure strong compliance to those processes – making them effective, and then more efficient.
- Work on ‘Right First-Time’ principles and always considering the external customer journey and satisfaction.
- Plan to achieve recognised accreditations (e.g. ISO9001) relating to regular adherence to our defined processes.
- Own a framework for ‘continuous improvement’ including gaining regular insight from feedback loops (customer and internal) to make improvements to the processes, and thus the operating procedures (including tactical and strategic changes).
- Sponsor and practically own changes ensuring they are delivered and well communicated / people trained.
- Ensure that any changes made are then embedded as part of the new ‘business as usual’ procedures.
IT delivery & development co-ordination
- Co-ordinate IT delivery and application development within the organisation (you don’t need to be an IT expert, but understand how to define requirements for any operational changes).
- Lead and coach the IT Support Engineer ensuring that they work effectively with our external IT suppliers.
- Ensure business change requirements which require IT development are scoped out, sized and project managed by the IT Support Engineer who works with third party suppliers.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Strong passion to own & change processes, working at a practical level, with evidence of a bias towards execution and a proven track record of delivery.
- Desire to lead change management, and explore the use of IT in that change of processes (e.g. ebusiness).
- Ideally experienced of working within the financial services sector in some form of operations or product management related role.
- Good communicator, thinking about the recipient of that communication.
- High level of Microsoft 365 competency.
- Capable to lead a small team, whether on a direct or matrix approach. No prior leadership experience required as training can be provided but the individual must have a desire to lead including good overview & delegation skills.
What we offer:
• A competitive base salary commensurate with your experience (Range £60,000 - £70,000 per annum)
• 25 days annual leave (pro-rata if part-time) plus usual Bank holidays in England & Wales. You also get your birthday off and one day for a volunteering purpose. We have also typically closed between Xmas and New Year.
• 5% contribution to employer pension scheme, subject to minimum 3% contribution from employee
• Option to join the private medical scheme (50% employer contribution to premium)
• Death in Service benefit equivalent to 4x salary.
About The FSE Group:
We manage Funds on behalf of stakeholders, such as the British Business Bank – to deploy to small and medium enterprises (SMEs), to help them achieve their maximum potential – these being business loans as well as equity solutions. We specialise in market gap funding, eg loans which Banks and other lenders will not provide – ie projection led lending to help a SME grow and employ more people. We pride ourselves on the economic impact that the funding to those SMEs provides to the regions where we operate the Funds. See www.thefsegroup.com
We are a SME ourselves, with approximately 60 staff. At the FSE Group we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference – to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work on a hybrid basis, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at The FSE Group:
The FSE Group is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion amongst our teams. This is central to our values of Collaboration, Inclusivity, Innovation, Sustainability and Delivery.
The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
Job Type: Full-time, permanent (but open to requests for part time of 4 days per week minimum).
Applicants must have unrestricted access to work in the UK.
To apply email your CV and Covering Letter to: HRandOperations@thefsegroup.com