We are seeking an equity portfolio manager to join our South East team.
Reporting directly to the Head of South East funds, this is an exciting opportunity to manage a portfolio of high growth, primarily technology focused companies, which are part of EIS and seed stage venture funds.
- To manage early stage equity investments in line with the fund operational guidelines
- Responsible for all aspects of portfolio management, including monitoring performance, driving valuation growth and exits,
- Attend client Board and strategy meetings on a regular basis,
- Represent the funds as an observer on investee company boards as necessary
- Preparation of reports and presenting to investors and supervisory bodies
- Administration of the funds activities in various aspects
- The portfolio companies are based in the South East of England. You must have the ability to travel to and attend company review/Board meetings, albeit some are held remotely via MS Teams. The South East team reconnects 1 day a week (Monday) in the Head office location in Blackwater, Camberley, Surrey.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Extensive experience at Board level with technology-based SMEs
- Relevant equity investment experience
- This role is a CERTIFED position as described by the Financial Conduct authority under SM&CR. The successful applicant will be required to demonstrate sufficient skills and experience for the firm to verify their standing under FSMA & SYSC 27 of the FCA handbook. (SM & CR).
- Exposure to/knowledge of key industry sectors which may include technology, media, healthcare, education, cleantech.
- Advanced excel experience
- Independent, motivated self- starter with excellent time management skills and ability to deliver deadlines whilst under pressure.
- Flexibility – Some investee company Board meetings are held outside of normal office hours and you may be required to flex your working hours accordingly.
Established in 2002, The FSE Group primarily manages funds on behalf of public sector organisations, EIS investors and universities.
Our primary goal is to provide tailored funding solutions and support for ambitious and innovative small and medium enterprises (SMEs), to help them achieve their maximum potential. With nearing £225m of debt and equity funds under management, the Group is continuing to grow and prides itself on taking an integrated approach to the funding needs of our clients. For more information see www.thefsegroup.com
With a passion for, and successful history in, managing and deploying market gap funds with an economic impact purpose, we focus on more than pure commercial return to support the growth of SMEs. We promote diversity. We support underrepresented geographies. We are insightful in determining how we can improve an evolving funding landscape and we stimulate sustainability by successfully recycling smaller funds. We are more than money.
The core values we live by as FSE employees are Collaboration, Innovation, Inclusivity, Sustainability and Delivery.
With one of our core values being inclusivity, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer and treat all applications fairly and welcome job applicants from all communities and affinity groups.
What we offer:
Flexible hybrid working between home and our offices in Blackwater.
A competitive base salary commensurate with your experience banding £55,000 - £60,000
25 days annual leave plus usual Bank holidays in England & Wales. You will also get your birthday off.
Ability for you to use 1 day for Corporate Social Responsibility purposes annually.
5% contribution to employer pension scheme, subject to minimum 3% contribution from employee.
Ability to join the private medical scheme (50% employer contribution to premium)
Death in Service benefit equivalent to 4x salary.
Job Role: Full time, permanent. We are prepared to consider applications for 4 days a week.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Strictly no agencies.
If you would like an informal chat about the role please call Cheryl Weeks, Head of Funds on 07866 835143.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to HRandOperations@thefsegroup.com