Job Advert Title : Fund Manager – Finance and Loans
Location : Office based – Truro
Salary : Competitive
This is an important position within the SME debt activities of a substantial new Fund scheduled to be launched in early 2018.
- Origination, appraisal and execution of lending proposals in the range of £250k to £1m for prospective new Fund to achieve lending objectives over a 5 year lending period.
- Pro-active portfolio risk/return management of loan assets throughout out the 10 year life of the fund.
- Promotion of the overall Fund profile throughout Cornwall and the Scilly Isles and more widely in terms of potential partner organisations.
- Provision of support to the Head of Fund including reporting to stakeholders.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of suitable acceptable lending opportunities by developing relationships with banks, accountants and other advisers and introducers, including partner organisations.
- Inform potential introducers and the wider business community through presentations and attendance at suitable events.
- Lead and contribute to the regular production of marketing collateral including case-studies and use of social media.
- Originate and carry out evaluation/detailed due diligence on suitable proposals in line with the Fund’s Lending Policy and Operational Guidelines.
- Present proposals to the Credit Committee. This is initially by way of written appraisal followed by informal presentation and discussion.
- Manage completion matters post approval including coordination of facility & security documentation (and managing tranched drawdowns where appropriate).
- Pro-actively manage default situations working with external advisers as necessary to maximise recoveries.
- Manage and report on the performance of approved loans / borrowers including their contributions to non-financial economic output targets.
- Achieve annually agreed financial and non-financial targets aligned to the development and delivery of the Fund.
- Support and engage in preparing and reporting periodically required performance information.
- Managing and developing any direct report staff.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Strong experience of non-asset backed lending (such as mezzanine loans, cashflow-based loans and/or early stage SME funding) and associated relationship management activity.
- Demonstrable ability to assess and structure loan propositions, where the primary repayment source is future cashflow generation based on a planned expansion of activity.
- Comfortable in negotiating at director level with borrowers and operating a range of environments in order to build a broad relationship base.
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- High level of IT proficiency (Word, PowerPoint Excel, preferably to include forecast modelling skills).
For more information and to apply please send your CV and a cover letter to Jeff Dober: email@example.com