1) Equity Fund Manager covering Thames Valley area
We are seeking an equity fund manager to join our team based in Camberley.
Reporting directly to the Head of Equity funds, this is an exciting opportunity to manage a £4.55m fund. The fund is aimed at potential high growth SMEs within the county of Berkshire.
Origination, appraisal and execution of investment applications of up to £250k to include:
- assessing applications in line with operating guidelines,
- conducting due diligence,
- preparation of proposals and presenting to investment committee,
- negotiating approved proposals through term sheet to final documentation phase,
- representing the fund as observer on investee company boards as necessary,
Pro-active portfolio risk/return management.
Promotion of the fund throughout Berkshire to create pipeline of deals and general marketing to raise awareness.
Contributing to reports to stakeholders and general fund administration.
Support new business development tasks, if required, including fund models.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Relevant equity investment experience (2 years plus)
- Currently FCA approved or with applicable skills and experience to become FCA approved.
- Exposure to/knowledge of key industry sectors which may include technology, media, healthcare, education, cleantech.
- Ability to interpret fund eligibility criteria and structure investments accordingly.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable attitude and ability to work well as part of a small team.
- Ability to drive lead generation through personal networking/marketing/conferencing.
- University educated or equivalent
The office is located in Blackwater, Camberley and you must be able to travel throughout Berkshire to meet with customers and attend marketing events.
Established in 2002, The FSE Group primarily manages funds on behalf of public sector organisations. A period of rapid growth now sees our funds under management at nearing £150m. With a head office located in Camberley Surrey, and group offices located in Ipswich, Truro and London. For more information on the fund visit http://www.thefsegroup.com/fund/thames-valley-berkshire-growth-fund/
Salary £45k – £55k depending on experience
Please apply by submitting your CV and a covering letter to Karen.Karaahmet@thefsegroup.com detailing why you are interested in the role and would be our perfect candidate. Applications to be received by close on business on 20th September 2019.
You must have the right to work in the UK and be located, or willing to locate with a reasonable commute of the Blackwater, Camberley office.
Strictly no agencies.