We are currently recruiting for 2 positions:
1) Fund Manager – London
We have an important position available within our SME debt-financing activities, driven by the scheduled launch of substantial new Funds in early 2019.
The position will be responsible for:
- Origination, appraisal and execution of lending proposals in the range of £100k to £1million
- Promotion of the overall Fund profile and marketing to funders, intermediaries and SMEs across Greater London, but with a particular focus on boroughs within the South and East quartiles of the region (potentially also in support of FSE funds within Sussex region).
- Pro-active portfolio risk/return management of loan assets and SME relationships throughout the life of the fund, to achieve financial and economic output objectives.
- Provision of support to the Head of Fund including reporting to stakeholders.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of suitable acceptable lending opportunities by developing relationships with banks, accountants and other advisers and introducers, including partner organisations.
- Inform potential introducers and the wider business community through presentations and attendance at suitable events.
- Lead and contribute to the regular production of marketing collateral including case-studies and use of social media.
- Originate and carry out evaluation/detailed due diligence on suitable proposals in line with the Fund’s Lending Policy and Operational Guidelines.
- Present proposals to the Credit Committee. This is initially by way of written appraisal followed by informal presentation and discussion.
- Manage completion matters post approval including coordination of facility & security documentation (and managing tranched drawdowns where appropriate).
- Pro-actively manage default situations working with external advisers as necessary to maximise recoveries.
- Manage and report on the performance of approved loans / borrowers including their contributions to non-financial economic output targets.
- Achieve annually agreed financial and non-financial targets aligned to the development and delivery of the Fund.
- Support and engage in preparing and reporting periodically required performance information.
- Managing and developing any direct report staff.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Strong experience of non-asset backed lending (such as mezzanine loans, cashflow-based loans and/or early stage SME funding) and associated relationship management activity.
- Demonstrable ability to assess and structure loan propositions, where the primary repayment source is future cashflow generation based on a planned expansion of activity.
- Comfortable in negotiating at director level with borrowers and operating in a range of environments to build a broad relationship base.
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- High level of IT proficiency (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, preferably to include forecast modelling skills).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £45,000 – £60,000 (dependent on experience)
To apply, please send your CV to Jeff Dober; firstname.lastname@example.org
strictly no agencies – closing date 29th March
2) Marketing Assistant
Job Title: Marketing Assistant
Reporting to: Marketing & Communications Manager
Date of Issue: March 2019
The FSE Group has been lending to / investing in SMEs since 2002. The Group is going through an exciting period of expansion and currently has £140million assets under management. As the company grows, management are looking to recruit a marketing assistant to support the marketing team.
The new role will help us develop awareness of The FSE Group and assist in the development and implementation of the marketing strategies of the new Greater London Investment Fund.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding forward thinking financial organisation supporting SME’s with finance in London, Cornwall, East of England and Southern England.
This is a newly created position, which requires you to coordinate and implement marketing activities including; social media campaigns, digital marketing, content marketing & brand management. You will also support the team by monitoring and reporting on website analytics and lead generation.
You must be able to show the following:
- A proactive approach to problem solving and the ability to work under pressure.
- A good attention to detail.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Good team player.
- Relevant experience in a marketing role.
- Experience with using a CRM & WordPress.
- Experience using MS Office.
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills.
This role would suit a candidate looking to take the next step in their career. The ideal candidate will already have some marketing experience in a similar environment. The position is based at The FSE Group’s Head Office in Camberley, Surrey but you may be required to occasionally travel to other offices (London, Ipswich & Truro)
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: £16,000 – £18,000 (dependent on experience)
Licence: Driving (Required)
To apply, please send your CV to Tom Clarke: email@example.com
strictly no agencies – closing date 12th April.