We currently have 1 vacancy.
1) Accounts Bookkeeper
This is no ordinary accounting role. FSE manages over £150m of SME funding. It lends and invests across the East of England, the South West and the South East. The group consists of 20 entities.
The role revolves around carrying out day-to-day and month-end multi-company bookkeeping operations up to completion of trial-balances. You would be working in a creative team environment in which you will also be expected to not only carry out day-to-day entries, but also contribute to the creation and implementation of accounting processes and controls.
The role will include.
- Loan Management:
- Administer client fees / interest / repayments / statements
- Creation of monthly direct debit instructions
- Entry and reconciliation of payments received into the loan management system
- Bank management:
- Daily bank processing, across 30 bank accounts.
- Preparation of intercompany and supplier payments
- Assist with client funds disbursement
- Bought ledger control – nominal/job/cost centre coding, entry and payment of supplier invoices and checking and coding of employee expenses.
- Sales ledger control – creating and processing of minimal number of internal and external invoices. Reporting of credit control issues.
- Month-end tasks:
- Accruals and prepayments processing / schedules
- Intercompany invoicing and reconciliation
- Bank reconciliations.
- Assist with quarterly VAT figure preparation.
- Assistance with annual audit – schedule preparation and auditor queries.
- Assist with the company and fund financial and performance queries.
- Ad-hoc projects on the instruction of the Group Finance Manager.
Experience of accounting systems is assumed. It would be an advantage to have experience of an on-line accounting system. Good general computer and keyboard literacy in a windows environment and MS Excel or compatible skills are essential. The ideal candidate will be able to illustrate a willingness to learn new skills and take on new tasks. Attention to detail and a consistent approach along with an ability to work to tight deadlines are important attributes. Good spoken and written communication skills are essential as the role will be partly client-facing.
AAT Qualified or equivalent QBE or part qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA
Applications for this role are invited and being handled by Howett Thorpe: https://howett-thorpe.co.uk/job/non-qualified-and-transactional/bookkeeper-ht12833/