We are currently recruiting for one position.
Business Loan Relationship Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development or Relationship Manager from a Business or Commercial Banking, or SME lending background to join an established team in the deployment of £55mof debt facilities for the Greater London Investment Fund.
Based in central London* and covering Boroughs across the Greater London area, you will be responsible for origination, appraisal and execution of loans to growing and innovative SME’s, with initial focus on the lending range £100k – £500k, but with the ultimate ability to lend up to £1m.
The debt fund has been established to provide “market gap” funding by supporting businesses that have achieved commercial traction but which are unable to access finance from traditional lenders either due to a lack of security or a lack of track record.
You will be expected to:
- Build a pipeline of suitable lending opportunities, developing relationships with introducers, and marketing the product to appropriate audiences
- Carry out evaluation and due diligence on suitable proposals,
- Present proposals to a loan scheme committee
- Manage completion matters post approval including preparation of facility documentation.
- Work alongside company solicitors to ensure all security requirements are met.
- Pro actively manage client portfolio, monitoring performance and identifying early potential default situations.
- Be a part of reporting to fund stakeholders on performance of the fund.
Desired Skills & Experience
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience in lending to corporates or SMEs reflective of the range identified and client relationship management.
- Demonstrable ability to assess and structure loan propositions where primary repayment source is future cashflow generation based on planned expansion.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise deadlines to meet customer expectations
- Good presentation skills & ability to communicate and interact at all levels of management
- A high level of IT proficiency – MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel (preferably to include forecast modelling skills)
- A diligent working style and some form of experience using CRM systems to manage & track proposal activities.
What we offer:
- A competitive base salary commensurate with your experience (£40,000 – £50,000)
- 25 days annual leave plus usual Bank holidays in England & Wales
- 5% contribution to employer pension scheme, subject to minimum 3% contribution from employee
- Ability to join the private medical scheme (50% employer contribution to premium)
- Death in Service benefit equivalent to 4x salary.
About The FSE Group:
Our primary goal is to provide tailored funding solutions and support for ambitious and innovative small and medium enterprises (SMEs), to help them achieve their maximum potential. With nearing £200m of debt and equity funds under management, the Group is continuing to grow and prides itself on taking a holistic approach to the funding needs of our clients. For more information see www.thefsegroup.com
*Whilst the office is based in central London, all employees are currently working from home due to Covid19.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Application closing date: Monday 5th October. To apply email your CV and Covering Letter to Karen Karaahmet: firstname.lastname@example.org
Start date : as soon as possible
Strictly no agencies