We currently have 2 positions available:
1) Business Development Manager – London
The FSE Group are recruiting for an important position within the SME debt-financing activities of substantial new Funds scheduled to be launched in early 2019.
The Business Development Manager’s primary responsibility will be deal origination of new lending opportunities in £100k-£1million range for SMEs based within the 33 London boroughs.
Based out of The FSE Group’s new London office the Business Development Manager will work on the promotion of the fund across all London boroughs, focusing on building relationships with potential partner organisations.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Creation, management and development of prospective lending proposals including proactive research of potential businesses suitable for Fund support.
- Research & generation including mapping of SME profiles across the region and identification + implementation of marketing & promotion strategies to maximise high quality pipeline of applicants.
- Regular and repeat marketing & promotional activity, including presentations & meetings with funders, accountant & other potential introducers, attendance/speaking at relevant roadshows & networking events, provision of funding clinics across the region and preparation of marketing collateral & social media activity.
- Responding as first point of contact for majority of inbound enquiries including response to online and telephone enquiries, first sift consultation / review “triage” and internal referral of proposals to relevant fund team members or external support providers, as appropriate.
- Maintenance of activity and enquirer/applicant engagement records, to support Fund internal management and stakeholder reporting.
- Work with the head office marketing team to publicise the fund according to the detailed marketing strategy.
- Provision of support to the Head of Fund including reporting to stakeholders.
Requirements or Skills:
- Experience in originating, marketing, promotion & relationship building activity within a funding or business support environment and associated SME & partner engagement activity.
- Comfortable in presenting & discussing at director level with SMEs: empathy with SME sector.
- Experience and skilled in using Microsoft’s suite of products – with a strong focus on Power point & Word & Excel.
- Experience of using CRM tools to track your deal pipeline.
- Ideally the candidate will have experience working with relevant intermediary, advisor and/or funder contacts across the London region.
Post: Business Development Manager
Type: Permanent & Full Time
Hours: 37 Hours Per week
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 Dependent on experience.
To apply directly please email your CV to email@example.com
*Strictly no agencies*
2) Part time Compliance Director CF10 & CF11 – Surrey / home based
Flexibility: 1 day a week office based initially in Surrey. Occasional visits to London & Cornwall office.
Location: Surrey – may be opportunity to work from home once systems established / as business requires
Pay: Day rate circa £500
Part time FCA Compliance Specialist to take on CF10 & CF11 FCA approved functions.
Growing Fund Management company with existing AIFs under management and new opportunities on the horizon requires a part time compliance specialist to work alongside fund management teams and our external compliance advisors. The company is dedicated to bridging the funding gap for innovative, and scalable SMEs and does this by investing in unlisted companies & providing loan finance.
We are looking for a Compliance Director to join our growing team and to hold FCA approval Control Functions CF10 and CF11. The role is anticipated to be up to 1 day per week, initially office based, but as systems settle down, there may be some opportunity to work from home. The company has new offices in the South West & shortly establishing a further office in London. Some travel to these destinations will be required on an infrequent basis.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established FCA authorised organisation experiencing rapid growth.
Your key responsibilities:
- Provide advice to management and answer queries on policies, procedures and controls;
- Identify, log, manage & provide advice relating to the remediation of regulatory risk events and/or compliance breaches;
- Work with outsourced Compliance advisors to maintain the Compliance Manual and related procedures, and to provide training as required;
- Conduct and support compliance risk assessments;
- Assist with the team’s internal reporting and governance;
- Complete regulatory returns through FCA automated systems: Gabriel, Connect & Chrysalis
- Undertake periodic checks, working with Line Managers to ensure staff remain fit & proper
- Conduct AML/KYC on new fund opportunities.
- In conjunction with our compliance consultants, provide guidance to business management on changes in the regulatory environment;
- Assist with projects for the expansion of product offerings to support the business goals;
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and competence on compliance and regulatory matters;
- Review marketing materials and website copy for compliance with applicable rules and regulations;
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
This role requires:
- 5 years+ work experience in a compliance role in the sector of fund management, specifically in the AIF market for unlisted equities; experience of EIS products will be an advantage
- 5 years+ Anti-Money Laundering Officer (MLRO) experience;
- Experience with GDPR in so much as how this affects FCA requirements;
- Superior working knowledge of the FCA Handbook;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently;
- An appropriate professional qualification is preferable.
It is expected that you:
- Enjoy working in the dynamic early stage company environment;
- Like the idea of becoming the lead compliance person in the team
- Have the desire to learn about new products and explain them to others;
- Act as Training and Competence Supervisor using training systems in place;
- Support the business strategy, identify opportunities and risks relating to compliance
Location: Within reasonable travelling distance of Surrey (GU17), but be willing to visit both London & Cornwall offices as needs dictate on occasion.
Salary: Day rate circa £500
Flexibility: equivalent to 1 day a week
To apply directly please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Strictly no agencies*